CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time (37.5 hours/week)
WORK LOCATION: 107 - 109 W. Main St., Whiteville, NC
The Community Outreach Coordinator will provide written and oral information about Columbus County’s Partnership for Children (the Partnership) to the public through participation in community activities and the development of collaborative community events. The Community Outreach Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the development and implementation of a public awareness plan with achievable outcomes.
Duties will include, but are not limited, to the following:
1. Responsible for day-to-day community awareness operations, including preparation of newsletters, news articles, and quarterly and annual reports.
2. Coordinate communications with other staff, various media personnel, other consultants, vendors and community and business contacts. If necessary, refer questions and requests from these organizations/individuals to the appropriate staff member(s). Follow-up with Partnership staff members to deliver requested information.
3. Spearhead agency branding by developing communication and media materials. Design, develop and write text and/or narration for communication, media and community relations materials.
4. Maintain and update the Partnership’s Website. Ensure the links to funded partners and all textual content are accurate.
5. Plan and coordinating community meetings and special events. Responsibilities include developing an annual calendar, sending out meeting/event notices and/or reminders, invitations and agendas, materials, reserving and setting-up facility and presentation equipment. Preparing correspondence and reports regarding community awareness activities.
6. Represent the Partnership at community meetings. Establish collaborative relationships with other agencies and community organizations (i.e., Rotary, Junior Women’s League, Chamber of Commerce, etc.).
7. Coordinate educational opportunities with local and state level elected officials.
8. Work within the Community Outreach budget, including following required Smart Start cost principles.
9. Coordinate any marketing, fundraising, and public relations activities. Support other staff with community information about programs.
10. Work with funded partners and community members to ensure that early childhood efforts are always included.
12. Plan/coordinate early childhood awareness events, which may include recruiting, training and supervising staff, interns and volunteers working with community awareness.
13. Maintain archives of any events that include or are sponsored by the Partnership.
14. Participate in activities of the Partnership that include, but are not limited to, Board meetings, allocation meetings, contract reviews, events sponsored by the agency, trainings sponsored by
North Carolina Partnership for Children or other trainings deemed important to the function of the job.
15. Represent the Partnership to the community in a positive and appropriate manner.
16. Any other projects, tasks or assignments considered necessary for the well-being of the Partnership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education and/or Experience: A degree in journalism, communications or public relations or related field, and five (5) years related experience and/or training in a professional work environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Excellent organizational management and planning skills. Detail-orientated.
3. Experience with office, audio-visual and computer hardware equipment.
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks.
5. Excellent computer skills required. Familiarity with, Google Suite, Social Media (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Suite/Web site content management and maintenance strongly preferred.
6. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to make presentations to small groups, management officials and the general public.
Safety, Security and Confidentiality:
This position requires keeping complete confidentiality of any information regarding a minor, and protecting the confidentiality of all childcare facility files and records. Protect and maintain the confidentiality of all Partnership proprietary information that is available to leadership and supervisory staff members.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual in this position will be exposed to conditions typical of a traveling office staff.
Please forward resume and cover letter to Dr. Selena Rowell at email@example.com. If you have questions, feel free to contact Dr. Rowell at 910-499-4548.
Science has determined that the earliest years of life build the foundation for all future learning and success. The brain of a child who has had positive early childhood experiences looks different from one who has not. The structure and wiring are visibly and significantly different.
Columbus County Partnership for Children
109 W Main St, Whiteville, NC 28472, USA
Copyright © 2020 Columbus County Partnership for Children - All Rights Reserved.
Website designed by Delanie & Co. Mkt